Get Help With The Cost Of Food
You can get a free grocery gift card. Check it...
Adoos
LAIR OF THE PENMAN: FOUND
'

Monday, December 05, 2005

FOUND

To me there is nothing more joyous or satisfying than finding something you lost. It think that is especially true if it is something such as a set of car keys or a wallet that was misplaced. There is that period of stress and concern where you are not only looking for what you lost, but worried about the consequences that follow if you don’t. Things like having to get them replaced. That means time and normally money.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but the one thing that also runs through my brain is the frustration that comes from knowing I’ve misplaced something that I use everyday. So naturally I like to think I’m being more careful with such items because I need them regularly. And thus if I can’t find them it really forces me to beat up on myself for being careless.

On a spiritual level as a Christian it is funny to me sometimes how the concept of “finding” the Lord is such an easy term to accept. In reality on a logical level obvious Jesus wasn’t lost, so you can’t “find” him in that sense. What is really meant is naturally that person discovered what was there all the time. It is just become a comfortable way of expression being born again for some to say, “I’ve found Jesus.”

But regardless of how that saying may be skewed in terms of its logical meaning it is the type of finding that has every bit as much capacity to bring joy into our lives as when we find something as routine as missing car keys. At least that is the way I feel about it.

The only thing though is that I can think back to when I first came to the Lord. And following that moment came the time of discovery when I found all kinds of truths that were there all along, but I just had never looked for them before.

Even thought today that kind of discovery doesn’t occur as often as the first time I was searching the scriptures, it does still happen. And what is sad is when we quit finding out something more about the Lord. For it is truly part of the life of faith that brings us to a point of true relationship with our Lord.

And it is truly sad when we lose those “spectacles” of spiritual curiosity. The ones that God grants us to be able to genuinely see with our souls. It is a vision that can see light when our regular eyes have missed it.

The big question and the one only any of us can answer with our hearts is when was the last time you “found” one of those moments of revealing in your spiritual life? Are you still in the path of learning and growing or have you stopped at some place where you just are enjoying the familiar scenery and not really interested in searching for more.

In reality finding is a process and a path. It touches, brings a passion and gives a special life and light unto our soul. But sometimes there is nothing more desired than the complacency of pew sitting for some.

And that is the mystery of God’s grace. He never forces us to look for what we might benefit from having found if we refuse to search. I only hope I never reach a point personally that my spiritual eyes become so dim from apathy that God can’t shine new light in them to see what I still need to find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home